Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Keeping Session Alive Between Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nomad2

Programmer
Aug 30, 2002
US
How do I keep a session alive between application back and forth. For instance, upon login, I want to keep a user login id alive until he/she logouts. How can I achive this if I have several CFAPPLICATION in different path to begin with. I understand that, a session is terminated once a user move between the application

You could save the session variables to a database as they change, and then when you change applications, just read the variables from the db....

Hope this helps...

are you trying to say, to enable

<cfapplication clientstorage=&quot;registry/cookie&quot; clientmanagement=&quot;yes&quot; ...>

i am actually ony enableing session management. trying not to use cookie/database. Is it possible

It's certainly possible to do this without cookies, but if you need to pass the session variables from one application to another, you'll need to store their values SOMEWHERE... I would do it in a database. This way, when the new application is hit, it can check for all the session values stored in the db. You could also use CFFILE, but I wouldn't recommend it, unless you want to delete a bunch of files constanly (after the sessions are over, of course, something like this COULD be automated to some degree)....

i am beggining to understand the importance of storage. However, when you mean database, it is on the server side, right. How am I suppose to manage this data stored in database while enabling a timespan for this storage

if possible, could you privide a sample code

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back