Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Keeping sections together 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ginaburg

Technical User
Jul 14, 2004
US
I'm using crystal 8.5.
My report has a group header, detail that is suppressed, and 3 group footers a, b and c.
From reading some of the other keep together questions, I see that the keep together function is only used within a section.

How do I keep the group header from printing on the bottom of a page and the 3 group footers printing on the next. The report can print about 5 groups so I don't want to use new page after.

Thanks
Gina

You can keep the group header and its associated group footer on the same page by setting the keep together option that you find as follows...
Right click on the gh1 in the left margin and choose Change group.
On the Options tab set Keep Together.

Thank you, I didn't realize that keep together had a seperate function then the format section.

I agree that it is not clear.
But the section format 'Keep together' just ensures that the specific selected section does not split - so if you set it for the group header then the group header will not split over 2 pages and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back