Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Keeping Bookmarks Open 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomJinCA

MIS
Jan 3, 2001
US
Sorry if this is a SIMPLE :) question.

I'm reading through a pdf document and I have bookmarks on left & page on right. Every time I click a bookmark they disappear and page takes up the whole window. Looked for a setting or preference to KEEP the bookmarks open.

Anybody got it?

Thanks much. Tom Jacobson ...
MS Exchange admin, NT admin, Intranet admin, Virus protection, Frontpage, VB5&6, Access, Crystal Reports

Never Mind - found it - right click on bookmarks & uncheck "hide after use".

Maybe can assist someone else :) Tom Jacobson ...
MS Exchange admin, NT admin, Intranet admin, Virus protection, Frontpage, VB5&6, Access, Crystal Reports

It may also be how the Bookmarks were configured upon creation. If they are navigating between files. The newly opened file's Open Document properties previal. more than likely those properties are defaulting to "do not display bookmarks"
-Pete

Thanks for your clarification BlindPete; I was wrestling with why unchecking hide after use just wouldn't work; saved me much frustration with your timely post.

Anyone else who may be interested - you set the open properties for a document under File-Document Properties-Open options. Save it once you've changed it and bookmarkes will stay open when using bookmarks to navigate between documents.

Phew!

worminger
Singapore

I would like to be able to set this feature upon creation, using VB. Is this possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back