Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Keeping an image on one tab?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattpearcey

Technical User
Mar 7, 2001
GB
I think this should be relatively simple, but i seem to be having a few problems.

I want to insert a picture on the first page(tab) of my main form. But, when i scroll though the tabs, it appears on all of them! How do i get it to stay on only the first tab? I have played with the properties, but cannot seem to rectify the problem.

thanks in advance!

Matt

Hi again Matt,
Delete the picture from your form and when you go to replace it on to the tab, make sure you have selected the tab page on its own before "landing". Gord
ghubbell@total.net

This sounds a bit like the problem I am having! I'm doing a plant index and want to get pictures of the relavant plants on each form entry.

What I do is select the form entry I want. Go into design view and insert the picture, but when I go back into forms view I find that the form entry has reverted to the first entry on the list and the same photo is displayed on every subsequent form entry.

Any help with this would be most appreciated!

Like gHubbell said - the trick is to make sure the page is selected, and not the form.

If you view in design view. Bring the properties box up and ensure that the box it titled PAGE, and NOT Section. If it is Section, then you will have the picture on all pages, as you are entering it on all pages. But, by careful clicking on the tabs, you can get the properties box to show page, then you can insert you plant picture with it staying on that page only.

This should help. Thank you for your help already.

Matt Pearcey

Sorry, still stumped!

I did bring up the propeties box and it did say 'section' instead of 'page' - is it possible to alter this in some way? I did try clicking on the tabs but when I went back into form view the form still reverted to the first form in the database. Apologies for being so dim but is there any further help you can give me? Cheers!

Now that you have the image placed on the TabControl, try this. Click on the image that is the problem and drag it to an open space on your form. Now click on the Page1 tab of the TabControl. Now drag the image back onto the TabControl. Now click between the different pages of the tabControl and you should only see it on the first page.

Does this help?

Bob Scriver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back