Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Keep together and subreports 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

LikePork

Programmer
Aug 13, 2004
CA
Hello

I am working on a report in the CR bundled with VS2003, apparently it's basically CR9. My problem is that the report is not printing out as I would like, and I'd like some expert advice on "Keep together".

My report is structured as follows

PageHeader
GroupHeaders (a-q)
Details
GroupFooter
PageFooter

In most of these group headers I have subreports with thier Can Grow property set. I'm having a wierd situation where one of these sections will start a new page even though about half the page is left. Let's say Group Headers a-d take up half the page, then group header e has a subreport which has grown to be several pages long. For some reason group headed e starts on a new page. I have removed every "Keep together" check, in the main reports sections as well as the subreport's. The subreport is very simple, just a details section with a label and field, that has a formula to supress it if IsNull(SubreportTable.Field1) set in the subreport's details section.

Is there a way to have the subreport not start a new page even though it is several pages long? Does it automatically "keep together" just because it is a subreport?

-Thanks

If the subreport does not have keep together on in any of its sections, and the previous section in the main report doesn't have any formatting to force this behavior, you should see continuous data.

-k

Ahh, found it. I had "Keep Object Together" checked in the subreport's format.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back