Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Keep getting alerts on scheduled jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.

sal33m

IS-IT--Management
Oct 4, 2000
IE
Even though i have selected overwrite existing media, when my backup job runs, it completes 99% but still send s alerts asking me to respond ok to also the tape fails to eject. even though i have checked that option in setup

DLT tape drive? or TRAVAN? Those tape drives dont support software commands to eject media. Try turning off the eject media after backup option in the job properties. [sig][/sig]

Even though i have selected overwrite existing media, when my backup job runs, it completes 99% but still sends alerts asking me to respond ok and only then ejects the tape. So Basically it takes 1 hour to back-up, and waits 10 hours for me to reply to the alert before job completes. Using dat24 and bent7.3

I've had the same problem.

When you set the tape to eject after the job, DLT tapes cannot physically be ejected through the Backup Exec software.

So when it reaches that point (99%), it prompts you to eject the tape instead.

Disable this option by viewing the job properties, click Advanced and untick the option :
Eject media when backup completes.

Hope this helps:->

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back