Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Keep focus out of combo-box

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThinWhiteDude

Technical User
Sep 21, 2004
US
Can someone tell me how to keep the user from being able to put the insertion point in a combobox without disabling or locking it?

Maybe I'm just having a brain freeze, and this is easily solved. If so, I apologize for the redundancy.

Thanx,
TWD

You may perhaps consider the LimitToList property ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

Thanks for quick reply, PHV. Sorry I forgot to mention I have "limit to list" set to "yes." Still able to set focus in combobox.

And what is the purpose of a combo you can't dropdown ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

My client wants users to be able to choose from the drop-down list, but not be able to type in the combo. I have explained to him that I can set it up that they can't actually enter any data they want, and must choose from the list, but he would like them to not even be able to set the insertion point in it, if that's possible.

Naturally, I am just trying to accomodate my client, if I can.

TWD

In the GotFocus event procedure of the combo:
Me![Name of combo].DropDown

Hope This Helps, PH.

You may also consider the AutoExpand property.

Hope This Helps, PH.

Thanks, PHV
By also putting that line of code into the click event for the combo, I was able to get what I want.
TWD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back