Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Keep Alive option in CS1000E

Status
Not open for further replies.

pointedout

Technical User
Apr 6, 2010
PK
I once installed a BCM 400 with a softphone having Keep Alive option. What it used to do is that it just kept my Softphone working even if my notebook was powered off. I used to transfer all my calls from that virtually alive softphone to my cell phone.

Just want to confirm if this option is available in CS1000E Rls 5.5. A prior thanks.

Wrong Forum try the Nortel:BCM Forum

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

I am asking if it is possible in CS1000E. RIGHT forum :)

In the CS1000E when you program an IP phone, by default, it will behave as if the keep-alive option in the BCM were enabled.

Because the phone is programmed on a virtual TN, the system keeps it alive automatically, unless you manually disable the virtual TN after programming the phone.

So, is it possible to install a 2050 Softphone, forward all of its calls to my cell phone and use my cell phone as if it is a DN (at least caller will not be having any clue of all this), Right?

Yes you can - but if you are not going to use the 2050 phone, just set up a phantom or dummy ACD to Cell.

There is a new feature Mobilx that will even mask calls from your cell phone throught the PBX with your Desk Phone CLID.
It also will ring cell phone and desk phone at same time.

Rls 5.5 and up - required ISMs

ISMs for Mobilx separately? or we can use ISMs for IP Phones or Digital Phones for the purpose. Secondly, can you please point the details out for Rls 5.5j NTP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back