Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

KDS patch when upgrading from Res 4.7 to 5.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

JosueICR

IS-IT--Management
Jan 12, 2009
MX
Hi guys, we need to upgrade from micros res 4.7 to micros res 5.5, we are aware that we will need to update the KDS with some files to make them compatible with res 5.5. Could you please provide guidance on this process.

Thanks in advacne

Previous reference posted by jimmymcp02 (IS/IT--Management)
I think I ran into an issue when I we upgrade from 4.10 to 5 4 mr1 some of my display controllers needed a new version of the .net framework compact edition

Some email to send you the file

You don't need that buddy. I believe it will automatically update when you reconfigure it. I have 3 KDS on my restaurant and they all updated without any issue. I was upgrading from 4.7 to 5.7.

Some KDS require that they be updated for the new version.

When I upgraded from version 4.9 to 5.4 some KDS stopped working. Usually buying in 2007 to 2012 (maybe they were very old equipment), Some others had no problems

Thanks guys. JDSD Could you please send the file to josue.rdgz.mena@gmail.com

Regards

Hello JosueIRC I sent you what ir required

Older versions of the display controllers Dt166 GX and LX require a .net frame work 2.0 compact edition to be installed or the controllers will not work properly. Even with the 2.0 version some of my older GX cannot launch the kds display unless you launch in manually but only if I'm running res 5.6 on res 5.4 mr1 this is not an issue

@jimmymcp02 - I faced the same issue. The KDS display doesn't automatically startup until n unless we manually start it. My KDS was running in CE 5, I upgraded to CE 6 and re-cal it, now it is working perfect. It is automatically starting the KDS display.

@JosueICR - You have to upgrade the KDS with .dtr file so that .net framework works perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back