Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

KDS Order Device on LAB

Status
Not open for further replies.

michelle305

Technical User
Apr 7, 2010
US
Micros lab 5.2
This may be a long shot....

I am trying to strengthen my programming skills. I do not have a KDS connected to my lab and I am not connected to any network. I want to practice my KDS basic setup but also split screens and possibly themes. If it's a virtual device anyway is there any way to verify my setup and order sending is correct. Perhaps the kds logs? (error messages may not help) If not any other suggestions? I can practice programming all day but will not help if I can't verify.

Thank you.

I don't know of a way to test KDS functionality, outside of being hooked up to a network and having at least one physical device (workstation, RDC, etc.) that can run the KDS client application.

The cheapest route would probably be to grab an old WS4 off of eBay, should be less than $100.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back