Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

KDE toolbar proble

Status
Not open for further replies.

sergio503

MIS
Mar 2, 2002
US
RH 7.1, kDE: My four-year-old manage to get rid of the toolbar for my GUI (KDE), how do I bring it back, I'll appratiate it!

which user you logged in as? if you logged in as root and the menu is gone, then i have to look further to answer your question, if you're logged in as someone else, i think it's easiest to backup what you need of that user in a folder and delete that user home directory, it should be /home/username

once you delete that user logged in as someone else, relogon as that user and the desktop will be back to normal

Why not just delete your .kde directory? That's where KDE stores all its settings, so when it doesn't find that directory, it should just create a default one. There's no need to delete your entire home directory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back