Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

KB896358 Windows Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

csab

Technical User
Nov 29, 2005
CH

Hello Guys!

Have a little problem with my Windows Update. So I make a lttle post for you :)

I wanted to make my Windows up to date. So I downloaded the required files from the Windows Update official website. Everything was good until the KB896358 came :)

The Windows Update Manager wants to download it and install it again and again even if after each time the manager writes on my screen that the installation was succesfull ...

And until I do not install this one, the manager does not let me install the others...

I do have Windows XP Pro OEM, updated with the multilanguage CD, and updated with SP2 ...

Thanks for your help, Csab

Yes I am a MAC lover, and so what :)

Are you restarting after installing it? If you are I dont remember exactly but there should be a manual option on there and you can choose to ignore that one and install others. Usually not a good idea to skip updates but if you have to in order to get to the others you can give that a try.

319109 - Windows Update Site Lists Updates That You Already Installed

Try this link if the above is not working.

Windows Media Player Hotfix KB828026 installation mystery
thread779-901181

Windows Update Troubleshooter

817753 - Errors Occur When You Try to Install Updates from the Windows Update Web Site

Ok guys,

I am going to follow your advices / web links. But only this week-end because I've got a lot of work now :-(

Thanks for your help

PS: Yes I've restarted the PC / Windows ...

Csab

Yes I am a MAC lover, and so what :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back