Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

JVM version

Status
Not open for further replies.

pousti

IS-IT--Management
Jun 4, 2002
AU
Hi,,

First all i would like to say, u guys do a great job in here.

Now for my issue

Powerchute Business Edition is not compatible with any JVM version less than 1.2.2 in a netware 5.1 and 6 environment

currently runing a netware 5.1 server(SP3) the java nlm version is running a lesser version , do i need to update the service pack or can i just simply update the java side of things(if so, how), not much exposure to netware 5.1

thanx in advance

pousti

You should update your server to SP5 for NetWare 5.1, but you can just do the Java if you like. Download it from Novell or Sun (which ever web site you can find it on) and just install like any other program. The install runs from a client, not the server. It's a windows program that will ask for your server location to install files to. It will take for ever then a day to get the install completed. IME it takes about 30 min on a 100MB link using a P3600MHz WS and a P3Xeon 800MHz 5.1 server. Never looked into why it's so slow, usually just jump up to some forum to poke around and post in while I wait. ;-) Brent Schmidt CNE, Network +
Senior Network Engineer
provogeek@hotmail.com
East Bay, California; USA

If the Program doesnt work after this, u can Download JVM 1.3.1_01 from download.novell.com if u need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back