Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

JVM problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

JEMIAZ

Technical User
Oct 16, 2003
GB
Hi
Using 6.7.1 on Windows and having a problem passing larger chunks of data to a java class. The problem appears to be that the data exceeds the jvm heap size but we can't find anywhere to put the options to set the max and min.

Found details of solutions for v7.5 in thread842-1123436 but wondered if anyone had an answer for earlier releases?

We are passing the data to a xerces parser for validation of the whole mapped data structure against the xsd.

Thanks for any ideas

Tim

Is the problem with the Event Server? You can set values for JVM size in the mercaqtor.ini file.

[JVM Options]
option1=-Xrs
option2=-Xms200m
option3=-Xmx300m

janhes

I using a get("java" command and the problem arises in both Event Server and Command Server.

I thought the JVM options were only available in 7.5 and we are on 6.7.1 at present.

Tim

I have used them on 6.7.1 but I have had updates to mercjpi.dll, mercpi.dll & mercpi.jar for problems with JMS. You mat need these first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back