Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Justifications to upgrade BC11 and DNA 5.1 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dnaserver

Technical User
Jun 17, 2003
MY
I'm planning to upgrade my BC9 to BC11 and DNA3.0 to DNA5.1. The only justification in my mind is more features in the new version. I need more than one and strong justifications in order to convince my boss in upgrading our current system. Is there any other reasons I should upgrade my system ...Help meeee guys.!!...

Name Identity, Name and number log, Personal Number, Mobile extension, Integrated DECT, Ip telephony, O&M via IP network.

These are a few of the features additional features available on BC11/12. No experience with DNA3 but DNA 5 is far superior to DNA 4.(more stable SQL2000 support etc).

Support is a big issue. Older versions go into passive sustaining (no new fixes). Also DNA 3.0 uses older Microsoft products which are more dificult to get support for.

As Megglesfield says Win2k and SQL2k are more stable.

Megglesfield Hi !
As you mentioned of bc11, I would appreciate your breifing.
What are the advantages of :

BC10 OVER BC9
BC11 OVER BC10
BC12 OVER BC11

One issue is whether BC10/BC11 is available for new sales anymore. They support BC11 still but I don't think they sell it any more. BC10 is not supported I guess.

Damovo ?

According to Ericsson new sales for BC11 will stop in Q3 this year, but better ask your local reseller about their plans. It's probably better and/or more economical to skip BC11 and jump right up to BC12. Your reseller should also be able to give you a list of improvements and new features. (These are sometimes market-dependant, so any other list might not work for you.)

Upgrading your DNA platform is mandatory when updating MD110, because older DNA versions do not support newer BC-releases (DNA5.0 will support BC11, 5.1 supports BC12).

BC.11 SP13 allows you to initiate the 4000 series phones with their correct Itypes, this was our main justification to management (they really wanted the new phones, they were sick of their old 2500 series phones). I know you can initiate them as 3000 series phones on sub BC.11 SP13 systems, but then the buttons are all screwed up.

I've also heard that BC.14 is due for release in late 04/early 05. (Ericsson won't be releasing a BC.13) I would say wait until BC.14 is released unless there are support issues forcing you to upgrade sooner rather than later.

Enjoy.
Shitdrummer.

We just did what you are talking about BC9 - BC11 sp13. Purely from a support perspective. Our local supplier would not provide 3rd level support for the MD at BC9. The biggest problem for us has been licensing. The MD is licensed now. CCM is licensed (and the CCM licensing software is unstable / difficult to adapt to current sever platforms. (in our case anyway, that took 2 weeks to sort out) The main reason we have an MD is for ACD. CCM 4 sp3 is just as useless as CCM 2 was. except now it is restricted and even more complicated to install due to the ifor licensing software. On the other hand BC11 has increased ACD capacity. Ofcourse we need it because we can't increase the size of our system with paying for it now.

Why do you think CCM is useless for you?

Why was iFor such a pain to install?

Have you considered Solidus eCare for your CC needs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back