Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Just looking for some expert advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaznNB

Technical User
Apr 22, 2008
CA
HI
I am new to this site so if I am not in the right place please excuse me. I have purchased nero 8 ultra edition and am having great difficulty installing the program to my computer.
I am running windows xp service pack 2
When the program is about 50% loaded and starts rightning to the rigistery I get this message
could not open key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\run
Verify you have sufficient access to that key
I have tried installing the program in safe mode and I get this message
System Administrator has set policies tp prevent this installation
I have removed all older versions of nero
I do not know where to go from here
Any help would be greatly appreciated

Are you logged in as an administrator on the computer? If not, try logging in as an admin then install it

DSeaver is right about Admin. Also when loaded, could you let me know about burning CD/DVD's using Nero? I had a dickens of a time and finally went to a freebee.

Regards
Peter Buitenhek
ProfitDeveloper.com

Click Start -> Run and type in regedit to open the Registry Editor. Browse to the key from the error message, right click on the key (in your case Run) and click on Permissions in the menu. Click the Add button, type in your username, and click Ok. Under the Allow column click the Full Control checkbox and click Ok. You can now close the Registry Editor. This should give you access to the registry key.

Before doing the above I would definitely make sure you are installing Nero as an administrator as the others have mentioned. Also, be extremely careful when you are in the registry and do not delete anything.

The funny thing is I am logged on as administrator and I went into regedit and it says I have full access
I am wondering if I have a rootkit on my computer ?

What software have you used to detect you may have a rootkit on your pc or have you ran a software like F-Secure to see if you have one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back