Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

just help me why coldfusion tags are not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

ganeshkumar

Programmer
Jul 28, 2000
IN
Hello,<br><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;I had a typical problem where i had installed my coldfusin studio(4.5) in windowsNT. Everything is ok. The IIs is working fine. NT patch 6 and 6a are also installed. coldfusion server is alos working well.so I was able to access the administrator and create DSN. But i am not getting the desired result when i did the coding in my cfstudio and saved the file. It is giving the correct output. Its simply not taking cftags. It just returns the html results.I have checked my mapping and all that is fine. I am able to browse using the IE5. But i am not getting the correct results. I hope many would have come across this kind of problem. <br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>

Hi<br>All i can think of is that either u might have saved those files as .html files or maybe ur CFserver is down. Actually if CFserver is down u get weird messages. So i think u might have saved the files as .html by mistake<br>Praveen

1&gt; I have to ask that you are saving your files with .cfm extension, as they will not work.<br>2&gt; make sure your webserver is setup to process .cfm files through ColdFusion.<br><br> <p>Russ Michaels<br><a href=mailto:russ@satachi.com>russ@satachi.com</a><br><a href= Internet Development</a><br>For my personal book recommendations visit <br>

Allaire had posted a notice that there were some problems with SP 6 and not to use it unitl MS released a fix. I don't know if this is the cause of your problems, but it's worth noting...<br><br>SP 6a is out. I haven't checked with Allaires' site for anymore info.<br><br>Bob

The problem is i am saving my files as .cfm only and the tags are not working when i browse in an internet explorer or the browser provided in the coldfusion4.5 studio.It just simply sends out what ever i type in instead of taking the tags.

It sounds to me like CF is not running on the directory where your files are located.&nbsp;&nbsp;You said your mappings are fine, but did you do the mappings in IIS or ColdFusion Administrator? You need to do them in BOTH...<br><br>If you can get into CF Administrator, but not your site, you need to check your mappings in Administrator.&nbsp;&nbsp;If you can't get into CF Administrator, then ColdFusion Server probably is not running at all, check your services to ensure that it is...<br><br>Hope this helps...<br><br>DM

and it sounds like you don't even check your pages thru the server - locally it'll never work !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back