Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

just got back to clipper - need help 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gensan

MIS
Feb 21, 2001
SG
Hi,

I just got in on my new job a few days ago, and one of my assignment was to maintain a 9 year old clipper program (it still runs, yes). However, it's now on the XP platform and the problem in the prog getting all the CPU resources is coming out.

I've done some reading, and I am required to load the nanfor.lib and the 2 functions re: idle.

for starters, I need the nanfor.lib. the oasis website is not working (not sure if it's temporary). Any other links where i can get it? and better, where I can get some detail on how to use it.

Thanks in advance

Perhaps you should switch to the free available xharbour clipper compiler (generates win32 exe's)
Available at You can find enough info there on how to get started.

If you persist in using clipper and still need nanfor.lib I'll locate it for you somewhere.

Rob.

Thanks Rob. Much appreciated. Will have a look at the sites you mentioned.

the nanfor library will require recompiling the program, right?
there are other options that I have used successfully.
If recompiling isn't desirable, let me know.

circes9,

If you start using the nanfor lib then you have to put references to that library in your source-code programs.
Then you would have to compile the source-program and link in the nanfor lib in order to use it.

Rob.

I just noticed that the Oasis site still seems to be down. If you haven't solved your problem let me know and I'll email you what you need. (I just did it to one of my own old apps about a month ago).
BTW, I have migrated almost all of my old apps to xbase++ and I've been very happy with the results (my clients, too).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back