Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

just did a repair install...now internal nics "limited connectivity"

Status
Not open for further replies.

user3657

Technical User
Dec 12, 2006
US
i was having problems with blue screening, so i did a repair install with a cd that had all the sp and updates installed..

now, the nics come up with limited or no connectivity. rras works, gives out ips to clients but no one can access the internet and still on the server it says no connectitity. clients can access files normally. its just the internet part that doent work.

the nic that the cable modem connects to works fine, but the other 2 get the limited or no connnectity thing.

thanks in advance

i just tried sharing the connection and that works, but once i unshare it i get that limited message.

i got it, i had to manually enter the ip for the internal nics for some strage reason. this is the first thing i tried, but i entereted a gateway(thought the gw was the same as ip) and it didnt work. i just entereted an ip and subnet mask, and everything is working now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back