Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Just an annoyance but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlainAngel

Technical User
Dec 28, 2004
GB
I use Windows Media player 9.0 (although i have experienced the same problem when using the new version 10) and when closing media player.. i sometimes have to go to the task manager and end the process "wmplayer.exe" .. Its just annoying really as i know its doing no harm.. id rather be able to close the app without having to "kill" it...
Ne help is appreciated :)

~ You have nothing to fear but fear itself... n maybe the Microsoft Corp ~

does this happen every time, or only in certain situations(streaming media, local files, cdrom, etc)?

if you can describe any other details it may be easier to narrow down the issue.

And, how long do you wait before you end the task?

Do you have fast user switching enabled, and do other people use the pc?

At the moment I am the only user and fast user switchin is disabled... I end the task usually 30 /40 secconds after closin the app.. long enugh for me to determin it aint gonna close on its own.. and about the other question.. it often happens randomly.. i only stream media from my server from time to time.. but it happens regardless of what file type or whhere its coming from.. soz to be a pain :)

~ You have nothing to fear but fear itself... n maybe the Microsoft Corp ~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back