Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Junk Senders in Outlook2k CW

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjmtech

MIS
Apr 26, 2003
US
Hi,

One of my users has been encountering issues in running Outlook 2000 (corporate/workgroup) on our Windows 2000 SP3 platform. Specifically, he's using the Junk Senders option to sort out spam, but he periodically finds that one or two internal colleagues are appearing on his list [shown by their X400 account information rather than a full e-mail address.

By default, he directs junk mail to a separate folder which he only reviews every few days. This is problematic because he receives mail from these colleagues on a very regular basis and may overlook time-sensitive e-mails because they were erroneously re-directed to that separate folder.

The issue occurs intermittently every week or two, but is typically the same two or three senders.

Any ideas on why this is happening?

Have him go to the Junk Mail editor and scroll through the list to see if X400 account information has somehow got in the list.

Cheers.

That's exactly the issue...

Email addresses for a few of his co-workers are mysteriously appearing on the Junk Senders List. They are not appearing by standard account name or SMTP address, but only by the X400 address.

Sorry, I shouldn't reply without making sure I thouroughly unstand the question.

I've caused it to happen to me every once in while. If you accidentally add an internal email address to the Junk Senders list it will show up by their X400 account information. I think that's the way its designed, because your internal email doesn't go through your SMTP server.

Maybe someone else has a better answer?

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back