Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Jumpy Mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seecke

IS-IT--Management
Aug 23, 2003
US
For some time now I have been experiencing a `Jumpy Mouse` issue and am a bit tired of it. Anyone have any suggestions as to what it might be? By `Jumpy` I mean that my pointer is on the left of the screen and I quickly move my mouse to go to the right side of the screen, it starts to move to the right but then `jumps` in the oposite direction of travel and ends up close to where it started even though the actual mouse has been moved to the other side of the mouse pad.

I am using Win98, Intellimouse 1.2A (w/ updated drivers)P3 - 400 with 384 MB RAM.

Thanks to all who reply!

I dont know if this would apply to you, but some mice have a switch underneath or to the sided to change it form 2 button mode to 3 button mode. I have seen this cause problems before to the same sorta result. If your mouse has this, try changing the switch..

Also look at the hardware configuration of the mouse to see if you can change any of the options in there. you may be able to :), and you might find its setup incorrectly :)

Thats all i can think of for now.... I hope it helps

i supposed yours mouse is a conventional ball mouse?

if so another reason could be something inside (sensors and/or circuitry) has gone loose. i had a mouse fixed once. its a gigantic mouse trap if the tech is not a friend.

hope helps
xhaya[noevil]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back