Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Jumpy Looping..... 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

katiekat

Technical User
Jun 6, 2000
US
Hey ya'll,

I'm going home, but I wanted to leave this out here to see what you guys have to say.

Heres a little movie that I want to use on my Dad's site. I hate the way the loop looks at the end of the movie though. I don't know how to make it smoother. Are there any techniques that I could learn to make this better?

Thanks for all your help and I'll get back with you all tomorrow! :) Holy tek-tips batman!:-0

the only thing that works for me when doing tweens like that is this..

set how many ever frames you want for the tween..run the tween half way through the frames..on the second half make the tween(or tweens in your case)end up in the same spot where it began..sorda going in reverse so that when the movie gets to the last frame and switches back to the first the tweens are in the exact same place as they began..thus removing that jumpy crossover between the last and first frame..

hope this makes since..does to me anyways.. :)
e.gif

carlsatterwhite@endangeredgraphics.com

Virt2001 has a good idea, but if you want to have the waves continue to travel in the same direction from beginning to end, what you have to do is tween it so that the last frame is the same as the first frame, so when the loop starts over again, you don't see any jumps.

I'm guessing that you've got one big symbol for the front waves and one for the back waves. Instead, make the symbol only a little longer than the stage and use 2 instances for each, one right after the other. Make sure that when you shorten the symbol, that the beginning of the wave matches the end of the wave, so that it looks seamless when you put the instances end to end.
So when you start your anim, it begins with the first instance. And as it tweens thru, it finishes on the second instance in the very same position. So when it cycles thru, it starts right in the same position as where it ended. Do the same thing for both sets of waves. Because the ends are off stage, the viewer will never know that you've used 2 instances and the animation will be seamless. If you need to make the sequence longer, you can use 3 or even more instances; just make sure that the last one finishes exactly in the same position as the first one. Make sense?

I hope that helped! Otherwise, nice design!
Boomph

Thanks Guys!!!! That makes perfect sense. I'm going to try it today, and I'm sure it will look great. :-D

Thanks again!
Kate Holy tek-tips batman!:-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back