Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

jump to a bookmark in validation routine

Status
Not open for further replies.

briancostea

Programmer
Apr 21, 2005
US
Is it possible to achieve the following scenario with .net? I set up a bookmark in a form. For example, <a name="a">

When the user submits the form, a validation routine is called to verify the contents of the form. If there is an error, I want to go to bookmark “a”. Does anyone know the VB code to achieve this (I don’t need the validation code, just the park to make the browser jump to the bookmark)?

I looked around this site, and tried
Me.SmartNavigation = true, but that doesn’t seem to work.

As always, any help is appreciated.
Thanks - Brian

Yes, this was asked as recently as yesterday:

thread855-1171229

Need help finding an answer?

Try the Search Facility or read FAQ222-2244 on how to get better results.

this won't work for me. i am doing the validation in vb, so i cannot call a javascript function.

That code doesn't call a javscript function - it registers one to the page to jump down to a particular element.

If you are doing server-side validation then only add that code once you have performed your validation.

Need help finding an answer?

Try the Search Facility or read FAQ222-2244 on how to get better results.

it didn't work. it never jumps to the location. i added an alert() to be sure the code was being executed, and sure enough the page loads at the top and stays there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back