Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Juicy one...

Status
Not open for further replies.

datawise

IS-IT--Management
Sep 14, 2001
EU
I have a form in Access that retrieves a list of unread emails from outlook using the following code:

For Each mailoutlook in folderOutlook.Items
If mailoutlook.UnRead = True Then
'Add to rowsource of list box here
End if
Next

This has worked fine until I got a Non Delivery Report in my inbox. The code bombed out on the Next when it got to the NDR. The error code is 13: Type Mismatch. Looking at the messages by linking Access to my Inbox I discovered that the MessageClass of the NDR is different from a standard email: it is REPORT.IPM.Note.NDR rather than IPM.Note.

Has anyone experienced this? Apart from checking the error number and resuming next is there a way to work around this? It would be useful to have NDRs display on my form.

Thanks,

Peter
Datawise Computing

the type of mailoutlook is mailitem, i presume. insert before your for cycle an
on error resume next
statement, or check the type of the act item before the if.

ide

Yes, it is a mailitem, and I've already done the resume next. My problem is that I want to display the NDR and resume next doesn't do this.

Thanks,

Peter

i'm sorry i didn't answer Your reply but i'm on a course.
I've tried the declaration:
Dim mailOutlook As MailItem
i get the same error message.

change the type of mailOutlook variable to:
Dim mailOutlook As Object
or
Dim mailOutlook As Variant
(and all variables you use to store the act item..)

i hope it helps You
ide

Thanks, I think this is on the right track, but unfortunately I get an "Object doesn't support this property or method" error when I dim as an object or variant.

Peter

Check your References in your Script Editor. Check your library choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back