Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

JSP issues with Tomcat version 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisDunn

Technical User
Nov 20, 2000
US
I'm rather curious. I have been having some major issues running jsp's with the version of tomcat on my school's machines. So I did a little bit of research and from what I can find 3.0 had some issues with jsp's. Is this information correct? Could you point me to a good a reliable source for more information on known issues with 3.0 so that I may ask our System Admin to put a new version on the machines? Without a good source I feel that I will probably be brushed asside. Thank you in advance for any help that you can give me.

Chris

This should help, straight from Tomcat's Homepage:
Code:
Tomcat 3.1.x. The 3.1 release contained several improvements over Tomcat 3.0, including servlet reloading, WAR file support and added connectors for the IIS and Netscape web servers. The latest maintenance release, 3.1.1, contained fixes for security problems. There is no active development ongoing for Tomcat 3.1.x. Users of Tomcat 3.1 should update to 3.1.1 to close the security holes and they are strongly encouraged to migrate to the current production release, Tomcat 3.2.3.
I realize you were talking about 3.0 but if they are saying 3.1 users should definitely upgrade then I think it is understood that 3.0 users should as well. As far as wacky JSP support, it is going to be hard to find documentation since Tomcat 3.0 hasn't been support for so long but I would think that it would have to do with changes to the JSP 1.1 specification that may have not been finialized until after Tomcat 3.0. Hope this helps.

Thank you very much I really appreciate the feedback. I went ahead and sent that info to the Sys Admin. We shall see if anything comes of it.

Thanks

Chris Dunn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back