Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

jsp editors??

Status
Not open for further replies.

wwworg

Programmer
Feb 10, 2006
CA
hey guys

I am looking for a jsp editor

It would be perfect to get a jsp editor which has code-completion feature and is free?? can you guys think of any??? if not then any other good ones that are free??

Thanks

Does Eclipse not offer this? If not, then there's always the chance there will be a plugin out there to make it.

Tim

Thanks for your reply tim
Yes, I do know about eclipse, it is an excellent jsp editor, but is it really free??? I was on its website and it seems that you can download it for like 30 days (evaluation version) or so.

I dont want to get used to an editor and then have to leave it. Have you used eclipse?? is it really free (available from there website)????

Thanks

Eclipse is not only completely free, but is also open source !

--------------------------------------------------
Free Java/J2EE Database Connection Pooling Software

There are commercial plugins for Eclipse, including a JSP editor I think,

Cheers,
Dian

Well thats not Eclipse - that is, according to the site :

MyEclipse is a comprehesive and affordable Integrated Development Environment based on the Eclipse platform

You want
--------------------------------------------------
Free Java/J2EE Database Connection Pooling Software

Ok, thanks guys

I have installed it and tried to open a .jsp file in it
It opens but there is no coloring or code completion. Do I need to install a plugin for JSP????

Hey guys
well i got it finally
But the code completion function aonly applies to html??? why is that. It doesnt apply for scriptlets?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back