Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

JScript or VBScript?

Status
Not open for further replies.

daneharnett

Programmer
May 26, 2003
AU
which one should i use?

and maybe your going to say, the one your most comfortable with... I am equally comfortable with both..

I just wanna know what is used mostly out there in industry and what the professionals think is best..
I know i went for an interview at one place and they said they code entirely in JScript.. cant member why tho

Thanks

said they code entirely in JScript
standardization most likely

I say what ever suites the processing needed for the task

while keeping fresh on other langauges to take them when they are needed

JScript's error handling is significantly better than VBScript, IMHO.

I think anything has better error handling then vbscript [lol]

although one can not forget that the ASP platform was intended for vbscript to be the language to use.

although we know any language

good article. a bit off but good. deffinetely in the server development aspect and the second on JSP vs ASP, if you wanted to take the question even further

want to look at some others on scripting also on the server level. how about apache/perlscript ;)

and finally to choose one
this is old as you see javascript did not have error handling as dmhirsch mentioned

I use vbscript for server side and jscript on the client side. I feel comfortable doing it this way. :)

Medic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back