Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

JS obfuscation - interaction with user

Status
Not open for further replies.

mol40

IS-IT--Management
Jun 30, 2010
IE
Hi, i am very new to js and am trying to add interactivity to the script.e.g. give the user a choice if they want to go to the malware analyzer or not.

I am using the greasemonkey add - on.

I am using the search command to look for text which obfuscated. the eval is used to hide code.

// ==UserScript==

// @name Hello World

// @namespace // @description example script to alert "Hello world!" on every page

// @exclude //@exclude // @exclude

// ==/UserScript==

var thehead = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];

var testString = thehead.innerHTML;

if(testString.search("eval") > 0)
{

alert("This page may contain invalid obfuscated javascript, you will now be redirected to a malware analyser");

redirect();

}

function redirect()
{

settimeout("location.href = '}

Nothing with it the code but I lack knowledge on how to add interactivity e.g. an alert or prompt box to ask user if they want to go to the site. I have been playing around with both the alert box and the prompt am failing. If you know the best direction to go or good websites that would be great..

once you have sorted out the bug I mentioned in my previous post, I think the following may work - although I am a JS Developer and not a GreaseMonkey guy, so there may be some difference :

Code:
if ( Confirm("This page may contain invalid obfuscated javascript, you will now be redirected to a malware analyser"))
{
    redirect();
}

Greg Griffiths
Livelink Certified Developer & ECM Global Star Champion 2005 & 2006

Hi, thanks for the code, below is what I have done:

{

confirm("This page may contain invalid obfuscated javascript, you will now be redirected to a malware analyser");

confirm ("do you wish to go to this website");
window.location.href = '}

It goes to the website, but when I say cancel, it still goes to the website. Thanks for your help.

Regarding the bugs, the code will look for code in script tags, not anything outside of that and just in the head tag. As said I am new to JS.

Thanks.

Try the following :

Code:

{
  if ( confirm("This page may contain invalid obfuscated javascript, you will now be redirected to a malware analyser \n Do you wish to go to this website") )
  {
    window.location.href = '[URL unfurl="true"]http://wepawet.cs.ucsb.edu/index.php'[/URL]
  }
}

the CONFIRM needs to be inside the IF statement.

You will still need to address the fact that "eval" is a valid term in a URL as noted above.

Greg Griffiths
Livelink Certified Developer & ECM Global Star Champion 2005 & 2006

Thank you for that.

Regards,

Eileen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back