Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

jpg images don't show up in report

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdev

Technical User
Dec 14, 2001
CA
Hi,

I've got Office 2000 Premium and I can't get jpg images to show up in my reports. I can insert jpg's into my word documents so I'm assuming the graphic file filter is in place.

I can see bmp images ok, however, I've got an assignment where I've got to arrange hundreds of jpgs and I really don't want to convert them all to bmp's.

Any ideas of what I can do or install to get things working would be great.

PS: I've tried the reinstall features and the file filters were all set to install on first use, but in this case, I'm not getting any use.

tdev:

In report design mode use, from the menu, Insert . Object...

Then select Create from File, and click on Browse... to locate your jpg.

Access will insert the jpg as an object into the report. You can move the object by clicking on it so that a hand appears. But be aware, objects are resource hungry and will take up lots of storage and memory.

Before inserting the jpgs, I would suggest resizing them with PhotoEditor, Adobe PrintShop or any other graphic manipulating program. That way you can minimize the amount of space the object will use.

Changing the height and width properties in report design mode will only crop the pic not resize it.

Hope this helps,

Vic

tdev:

Ensure the 'Size Mode' Property of the graphic object is set to stretch or zoom. The default seems to be clip, and if the top left of the graphic is white, you wont see anything.

Bryan
[BigEars]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back