Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

JPG files associations not right

Status
Not open for further replies.

hchman

MIS
Mar 28, 2001
US
I have a user that is trying to open JPG files. When he double clicks on the file it tries to open the jpg file in winword. I looked at the file types but am not really familiar with it. What should the file type program be?

What should jpeg be opened with? A photo editor/viewere. Which one?? Depends on what photo editor(s) you have and like(there are many lots come bundled in software). Most of the time it comes down to preference. You can even use Internet explorer. You can use imaging which personally I would use something else-at the very least MS Photo Editor which I don't particularly care for.

Now the easy way to change association: Highlight a jpg file. Hold down SHIFT KEY, now right click. You will now have a choice to OPEN WITH. From there you can select the program you would like to use to view the jpeg with and then there is a check box that will let you ALWAYS USE THIS PROGRAM TO OPEN THESE FILES.

HTH

If your not sure which program to use, you can select Internet Explorer (iexplore.exe) or Kodak Imaging (kodakimg.exe).

You are welcome hchman.
There is no guarantee that Kodak Imaging will be on the machine as stated Internet Explorer will work and all depends on software installed. Kodak Imaging does not come with Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back