Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Jpeg Becomes Transparent

Status
Not open for further replies.

hjohnj

Technical User
Oct 12, 2009
US
I am working in PS4/ Windows XP.

I am working with jpeg's.

The "page" I am working on has a images, background (a faded image over the whole page) and type. It is a 3-fold brochure.

I want the image (from the jpeg) to float on the page without the typical square background.

I 'cut-out' the image (from the jpeg) and drag and dropped it onto the 'page'.

The image itself became transparent (!) so you could see the 'page' background through it.

This has happened with several other jpegs I have cut-out of their backgrounds.

Is there a way (I am sure I am overlooking something)to make the 'cut-out' image non-transparent?

Thanks

...in the layers palette of your target document, does the cut out image have an opacity setting applied to that layer (or group)?

...the opacity setting is the field input, top right of the layers palette, select the layer with the cutout and ensure it says "100%"...

...also check to see if you have a blending mode applied, blend modes are in the drop down menu at the top of the layers palette, is should say "normal" on a selected layer, in which you don't need blending...

andrew

andrew

============
============

The opacity is 100% and no blend is set. when I open the blend I can change the opacity and the item fades accordingly.

I can still see the background through the cut-out item. Even when I drag and drop a jpeg - it still becomes transparent.

I fixed the issue by 'bringing one item to the front' and did another cut and paste. This time the cut and paste worked fine without me doing anything different then befoe. So; I am still confused.

Thanks for your help

...indeed, i'm just as confused, not something i have come across, without seeing the photoshop artwork in question it can be tricky to nail down what is going on...

andrew

============
============

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back