Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Joysticks and XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

boricua6908

Technical User
Aug 31, 2001
US
I upgraded from windows ME to Windows XP.And the installation went smoothly,but now my joysticks (I have 5 of them)wont work.They ALL did before installation but now none do properly.And whenever I start windows and point the mouse to the shortcuts on the taskbar my pointer turns to an hourglass(which if im not mistaken means "busy")after 20 seconds or so then it turns to the normal mode.(arrow pointer)very annoying.I will appreciate any clues.my system specs. are below.

AMD Ahtlon 1200 mhz
640 MB RAM
Soundblaster live (value edition)
Visiontek GEforce3 64MB graphic card.
Saitek Cyborg 3D GOLD (USB)
Saitek Cyborg 3D none USB
Microsoft sidewinder 3D pro
CHflightstick
none of these joysticks will work now,but before the XP installation they ALL worked fine.What can I do ?thanx in advance for your time and help.

I got the same problem with sidewinder after instaling windows xp profesional,I now sameone who is using this jojstick on windows xp home edition without any problem

I would have suggested to upgrade the drivers......but I cant't find them.
*SIGH*

Anyone know where to find the driver for Sidewinder 3d pro plus.....for XP?

Øystein (We take fewer prisoners than Djenghis Khan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back