Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Joystick problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hal8185

Technical User
Oct 25, 2002
US
I need some help. I have just built a new machine with the following setup. An Abit NF7 v2.0 with the sound card onboard. AMD 2600 cpu, 512mgs DDR 333 ram & a ATi Radeon 9200 graphic board. OS is Windows ME. The Abit NF7 does not have a game port which should be 15 pins. The problem is I have a Logitech Wingman Extrene digital Joystick which I'm trying to install but the system will not pick it up. I purchased a 15 pin to USB adaptor with no success. I have disabled the on board sound card and installed a Creative sound card with a game port on it. Still no success. I have downloaded the latest drivers from Creative and Logitech and still no success. I know that both the Joystick and Creative soundcard are ok as I have tested them on 2 other computers and they are working just fine. Logitech on their website states the this joystick should work on USB. Am I not doing something right? If anyone has any ideas I sure would like to hear from them.
Thank You Hal8185

Since everything works on another computer I would look toward a software problem. Does the game port show up in device manager?

Total agreement with soaplover. Check that out. I believe there is a patch for it but I tried to find it with no success.

peyton94

Thanks Guy's!!! I will use this info to work on the problem. It's a starting point. Yes it shows as working in the device manager. That's what I don't understand, but that's computing. I am beginning to wonder about the Abit MOBO'S I have owned 2 and have had problems with both. Any way thanks for the input, will keep you posted.

Hal8185

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back