Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

JOURNALING TO DIFFERENT MAILBOXS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATBCSLTD

Technical User
Feb 9, 2002
GB
HI

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to journal different messages to different mailboxes depending on the recipient. IE. accounts mail (dist List) is journaled to Jim and Sales mail (dist list) is journaled to Kevin.

I want to journal all mail to specific uses to specific mailboxes.

Thanks

The way I do it is to have server-side rules runninng against the single mailbox that journalled messages are being sent to

hi

cOULD YOU EXPAND ON THIS.. ALSO SHOULD HAVE MENTIONED IT NEEDS TO WORK FOR INBOUND AND OUTBOUND

THANKS

I think ATBCSLTD is right...If you're going to filter message journaling, you probably have to use rules, because the message journaling copies all emails and sends them to a single mailbox, I believe. You could set up single rules on the mailbox all emails are being journaled to as ATBCSLTD said above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back