Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Joining Tables

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silvinho

Programmer
Jul 9, 2001
GB
I have an access database with a Members Table and a Contact Table. Each time a staff member makes contact with a member the infornmation is put in the contacts table referencing from the MemberID.

The member table has a field for Staff members. What i need to know is it possible to run a query that shows the member and any Contact information (Joining the 2 tables)including the members where there is no contact information.

ie: a member of staff my have 50 members he/she deals with but making a join table query will only bring up the 25 members that have contact information in the Contacts Table.
I need all 50 members even if they havn't got any information in Contacts Table but if they do i want that displyed aswell.

Can anyone help?

You can use LEFT JOIN in the SQL statement.
After making a query in the design view by combining 2 tables, go to View, SQL View. Change the word "INNER" in the statement to "LEFT". That way, it will display all data in the left table and the matching data in the right table.

Have a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back