Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Joining 50 tables 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandman007

Programmer
Jun 20, 2001
US
I have 50 dbf files I would like to join. Any suggestions on how to do it? I havent' played with Access in ages. I need a little help. Thanks.

Do you mean you want to merge all the files into 1 table? Do they have the same headings?

Yes I would like to get into one table. They have the same headings.

I use code to bring in csv files. They are located in a staging folder and I pick them up, check to see if they've been imported already, if not put them in a List Import table, I keep a file log of files i've imported so I update that table, and the fileId of the listimport table and then move them to the completed folder. This code loops through all the files in the staging folder that has the "strsearch" text and imports them. Do you think you could make this work?

you could import them into a new table in another DB and then import the new table back to your DB

thanks. I think both will work. I'll give it a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back