Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

JOIN Recordset with Table

Status
Not open for further replies.

rvBasic

Programmer
Oct 22, 2000
BE
Is it possible to join an in-memory recordset (ADODB) with an access table?

As far as I know, no.

I think the join will need to be performed prior to opening it, else you'd need some looping.

Roy-Vidar

After some further googling, I came to the conclusion that it is not even possible to join two recordsets by natural sql commands.

Unless I overlooked something

I think you're quite correct - to "join" recordsets, you'd need some looping (inner/outer-thingies).

Why not try to join prior to opening the recordset(s)? That's usually much more efficient than recordset approaches.

Roy-Vidar

RoyVidar: the recordset is obtained as a property of a class object. Therefore, in priciple, its underlying query is not exposed to the program.

As I also wrote the class code, I have obviously access to that query, so I could write a new join. But then I have to maintain at least partially twice the same join.

Hence the question.

Thanks for replying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back