Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Join NT4 workstation to W2K server domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

testask

IS-IT--Management
Nov 4, 2002
US
I am trying to join NT4.0 workstation to a doamin(domain controller is W2K server).

First I joined the NT4.0 workstation to a workgroup which has the same name as the domain(both are elantek). However, on the NT4 client, I cannot access the W2K server(always complain no access permission). On the W2K server, I cannot access the NT4 workstation(always complain no access permission).

In the Network Neiborhood on the NT4 workstation, I cannot even see the W2K server.

I was using Administrator and made the password for W2K domain the same as the local Administrator on the NT4.0 workstation.

Any idea?

First I joined the NT4.0 workstation to a workgroup which has the same name as the domain
You're workgroup has the same name as your domain? Try joining WORKGROUP, then join the domain. Just a thought. Glen A. Johnson
Johnson Computer Consulting
MCP W2K
glen@nellsgiftbox.com
[americanflag]

"What really happens is trivial in comparison to what could occur."
Robert von Musil (1880-1942); Austrian author.

On the NT machine.. do a Find|Computer from the Start menu and put in the W2K's IP address. The NT machine will learn the other workgroup or domain..etc.. If the W2K machine hasn't learned the NT machine yet.. then do the same on it..

Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back