Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

join-key error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malta393

Technical User
Apr 8, 2002
EU
I have made a form through the wizard but when i come to input it states my Orders table is not in the recordset.

Any Clues whats gone wrong
Kaz[bigcheeks]

There are probably a lot of clues that you just failed to recognize or communicate to us. Wizards generally enforce accuracy so it probably worked when you created it. Just guessing here because I don't know for sure. Have you looked to see if the 'Orders' table is in the database window under the tables tab? Do you have a form/subform type form because your title to the thread indicates a 'join-key error'. The JOIN keyword is in a SQL statement which joins two separate tables together. This could be because you are using a VIEW/QUERY as a datasource or part of the connection with a subform. Were you using a recordset in code in the form as you alluded to or did you intend that to mean the database? Could you state your conditions and the exact error you received?

Steve King Growth follows a healthy professional curiosity

It sounds to me like your Record Source is messed up. Go into your form properties to Record Source and make sure the table name is spelled correctly. The best way to do that is to select the table from the drop-down list.

I have 3 tables-1 which i want to record manager details in, another which i want to record the account detail on and the other which will record the order details and another that will record the supplier details on-I also have 2 other table which provide the manager's name and the other which supplies account codes-I dont want anything recorded into these tables at all but them to feed the info to the user so they can click it into the input form.

Ihave a 1-many join into the orders table from all other tables

Does this help

Kaz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back