Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Job Title?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdow81

Technical User
Feb 5, 2004
GB
Sorry if this is the wrong area, but I work as an I.T technican, I was wondering when it comes to making a C.V whether I could put down more than 'I.T Technician' to sell myself? I carry out the following tasks in my job:

I work alone in a school managing one server and 110 workstations. My job is to assist users, Backup and maintain server, maintain, update and repair client workstations and printers, add new users to active directory, add workstations to the domain, install software and hardware on server and client workstations. Troubleshoot any networking problems, purchase new hardware and software, maintain licenses.
That's all I can think of that I do at the moment, but there's probably a lot more!

I have an HND in Computer Technical Support, this is the first job I've had. (I was certainly thrown in at the deep end! lol) Although I manage the server, the only areas i'm really confident in, are adding users to active directory, assisting users, maintaining client computers and printers. I hardly know anything about IIS, Exchange, ISA, DNS etc. But I just kinda manage to 'figure it out' whenever a problem occurs!

Thank You

Uh-huh. How many people are going to enter that url at work?

Those of us lucky enough to work from home...

A smile is worth a thousand kind words. So smile, it's easy! :)

A similar thread was started a while back. It is on page 3 of this forum called "What is your title". Of course there are a few on there that were made in jest.

thread654-1122802

Bo

Kentucky phone support-
"Mash the Kentrol key and hit scape."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back