Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Job Queue Unavailable

Status
Not open for further replies.

frdba

Technical User
Mar 31, 2003
US
Hello,
I have a server where I monitor all my Arcserve installations. For one of the connections I am no longer able to see the Job Queue. I can see the activity log, view the database info, and I can see the device info. When I click on the server it says that it is trying to connect, but then shows as unavailable.

Anyone ever experience this before? Any ideas on how to resolve?
Thanks

is it ok when local to the system?
is it ok when doing remote management of that system?
make sure all the same updates have been installed on each system.
Try restarting the system.

It is ok when local,
It is not ok from remote machine,
all arcserve installs are on the same patch level,
I tried rebooting the remote machine- no luck.

does the problem happen when doing remote from any other system or just that one?

This is the only server that is setup to hit all my other regions. So I haven't tried from another server- and probably won't be granted the access to try it out. I have 4 other remote connections that work fine, there's just this one that's acting weird. I did verify with our security guy that it wasn't a firewall issue.

What OS is on the remote server? I've seen this with NetWare servers, before; it is related to the servers inability to grant memory allocation requests. However, a reboot should have fixed the problem.

Did you do a restart or a cold boot of the server? Typically when I get memory errors I power the server completely down...sometimes even going to the extreme of pulling the power cords, just to make sure.

The remote server is windows 2003 sp1 and the monitoring server is windows 2003 r2. I did a restart of the system, not a cold boot.

I wonder if it is just the fact that Arcserve 9 is not supported on windows 2003. It had been working for so long that I figured it was fine.

try installing this update
QO74738 CAZ 783 KB 12/02/05 NT -WINDOWS 2003 SERVICE PACK 1 SUPPORT UPDATE

It needs SP2 by the way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back