Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Job incomplete!!.....whats the difference/reason??

Status
Not open for further replies.

keanor

IS-IT--Management
Aug 28, 2003
CH
Hi there,

Ive posted a Thread few days ago about the problem with the incomplete jobs...

On the servers which have the problem to generate an "incomplete", Ive set a filter rule to exclude 2 files.
It works on a Server with Arcserve 2000....hope to keep it so.

But the weird thing about is, on other 10 Servers in our outer offices the Backup runs without "incompletes" but with the same configuration of the Backup-Jobs.
The files which are in sharing violation are the same as on the other servers, but they doesnt generate incompletes?!?!?

May be it has something to do with the alerting?

I wonder what the reason could be!?
any ideas?

thanks

Check the registry for the following:
HKLM\SOFTWARE\ComputerAssociates\ARCserveIT\Base\Task\Common\IgnoreShareViolationsOn]
"WINS"="wins*"
"PERFLIB"="perflib_perfdata*"
"TMPDB"="TMP.EDB"
"BrightStorAB"="CHANGER.CFG"
"BrightStorABDR"="PARTINFO.PPP"
"Terminal Services"="C:\\WINNT\\System32\\LServer\\tmp.edb"
"DHCP"="C:\\WINNT\\System32\\DHCP\\tmp.edb"
"SECURITY"="C:\\WINNT\\Security\\*.edb"

Check to see if this is consistant on all the servers

operating system is NT 4.0 Server with newest sp.
Arcserve 6.61 with build 834sp2A.

Ive noticed, that the incomplete problems began to sum after our updates from Arcserve 6.5 to 6.61.

Ive set a new filter with a rule for the changing files,... like "exclude j500*.log"..as example. It works fine now.

Main problem solved, but Im still curious about the fact, that some servers generate incompletes and others doesnt.

thanks

keanor, I run 14x 6.61sp2a arcserve installed I'm filtering the j*.log files like you are, and also had one server incompleting even when filtering was applied. I ended up just removing and recreating the job and applying the filter again to fix it.. But i'd be interested if anyone knows why this occurs?

I think i got it now. Everything goes fine and no incompletes anymore. But the filter isnt set on every Server which contains incomplete Jobs with the same files.
I wont set it until I recieve an "incomplete" message on those Servers.

Do you have the Open File Agent? If Arcserve skips a file because it's open, then it will mark the job as incomplete with a warning in the logs for every file it skips.

"In space, nobody can hear you click..."

I'm noticing the same problem as keanor

I have serveral Win 2k servers with the problem described above. I'm running arcserve 2000 sp4

Only 1 server backsup successful without having baof or excluding the performance counters in the backup job. I have BAOF installed on 3 machines and they still skip the perflib_perfdata* files.

All of the machines have the IgnoreShareViolationsOn registry key.

All the servers would have been built the same way, the same patch level etc and are to me identical in every way.

Any ideas on this strange behaviour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back