Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Job Fails

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeGGaN

Programmer
Feb 4, 2003
MX
Hi!

I have a server that runs under W2K and SQL Server 2000. I have a job that creates backups to a tape and it was running fine until recently when it started to fail with this error:

The job failed. The Job was invoked by User PNL\Administrador. The last step to run was step 1 (MSPAPELERA). The job was requested to start at step 1 (MSPAPELERA).

Executed as user: PNL\Administrador. Access is denied due to a password failure [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 3279) BACKUP DATABASE is terminating abnormally. [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 3013) Associated statement is not prepared [SQLSTATE HY007] (Error 0) Access is denied due to a password failure [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 3279) VERIFY DATABASE is terminating abnormally. [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 3013). The step failed.

I'm sure that the password is the same and that the Administrador account has admin rights. I tried setting the job owner to PNL\Administrador, to sa, to Administrator and it still fails. I also checked the services and they are set to run under system account (like on our other servers). Right now I set the SQL Agent to run under PNL\Administrador account but I got the same error (the one I posted).

I really hope that you can help me because I've been researching a lot and hadn't been able to solve it on my own.

can u log to QA with the same password and run the job from QA?

I can start the job from QA but it fails with the same error.

Thanks a lot.

I cleaned the tape drive with the cleaning cartridge and the job is executing fine... [ponder] :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back