Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Job Engine wont start

Status
Not open for further replies.

austinh

Technical User
Aug 9, 2002
US
The job engine wont start.
I set up a job on friday and when i came in this morning (monday) i saw that the job didnt run because the job engine shut off. i tried to start it again but it timed out and did not start. I shut it down and restarted the server but that did not work. The job engine keeps on timing out.

Check and kill for a process in task manager called asrunjob.exe (although it would have result after restarting the server) or stop the ARC services.
Save before, all the Jobs if they are not and try to initialize asjob since it seems to be corrupted from server admin database.

Best luck,

fml7
i could not find that task on task manager.
i did try and take out the queue from its location and put it somewhere else and i got the job engine to start but when i came in this morning it was off again.
not sure what to do now.

What ARCServe build version do u have? Got SP5 ?
Have u check the activity log? And tape log?
Were there any job hanged when it got started? If so, try to rename 00000001.qsd folder and restart all ARC services and engines.
Maybe the only choice could it be reinstalling ... hope not.

Bests,

well i have arcserve 2000.
i have checked the activity log and tape log and i didnt see anything unusual besides the fact that it tells me i have to renew the licence but it has been telling me that for a few weeks and i was still able to back up.

I think That's the fact.
I installed ARCServe without the license and it last no more than 30 days working properly.
After 30 days aprox. you need a file called ca.olf with the keys generated by CA. Otherwise it wont work fine.
Now I have the ca.olf and everything it's ok and no more messages in event viewer about licensing.
Check this.

Best luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back