Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Job doesn't stop running 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

np2np

IS-IT--Management
Jul 15, 2003
GB
I schedule a full backup job for Exchange Information Store,
Using Backup Exec 9.0 without OpenFile Agents,
Windows 2000 with SP4.
Until recently, it worked fine, but in the last few weeks
The backup job doesnft stop running, and every time
I have to stop all backup service to cancel the job.

There is no error in log file, and tape is ejected on time
as if job completes successfully, gByte counth shows appropriate
data size which is also looks like job is done correctly.
Yet, gPercentageh is unknown, and job never stops runningc.

Does anyone have any ideas whatfs wrong ??
Thanks in advance,

I get this all the time as well. Does anyone know what causes it? Is there some sort of workaround?

Is the first tape full?? Its not asking for a second tape is it?? (It will eject the tape also if it is waiting for a second tape). Check the alerts tab or if you have a spare tape put that in & see what happens.

Cheers

I have the same problem. It hangs ay 99% complete with the tape ejected. I push the tape back in and it finishes with no errors. The tape has over 50% free space on it.

I'm having the same problem. What version of BE are you all running? I don't know if I have this problem before or after applying 9.1 and all of the Veritas patches. Also, what kind of Exchange virus scan software are you using? I think McAfee groupshield could be a problem as well.

I had this problem On investigation the problem area was discovered I had asked for alerts to be automatically displayed, whih upon display one has to click ok to acknoweledge it. As soon as one clicks ok the control is then handed back to the software which then refereshes and shows job completed

Dilip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back