Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Job crashing suddenly with E1311 Job Has Crashed error

Status
Not open for further replies.

KaJuHe

MIS
Mar 25, 2004
FI
Software: Brightstor ARCserve Backup 12.5

What could possibly have caused the following E1311 error:

10.12.2009 07:22:18 E1311 Job Has Crashed. (JOB=5)

So far i haven't been able to find anything anywhere regarding the code E1311 which i think is little strange.

As far as i know nothing in the environment has changed and everything worked fine yesterday but not today anymore.

Does anyone have any ideas or clues about the meaning of error code E1311 so that i could possibly get some more clues to find the real reason behind this begaviour?

Looks like i managed to find some clues about E1311
after some more searching.
In my case re-run did not make any difference so i'll try to reboot the server in some stage to see if it fixes the problem.

Reason:
This message can occur for multiple reasons. The job was started and a system error occurred which prevented CA ARCserve Backup from completing its task, such as a memory violation that caused CA ARCserve Backup or the operating system to be shut down.

Action:
Run the crashed job by right clicking and select "Run Now".
If a job has a status of Crashed, it can be retried after the Job Engine restarts. This can be set up through the CA ARCserve Backup Server Admin in the Job Engine Configuration tab.

typically details can be found by reviewing the job log, the task log tsk... and look for exception logs both in the log directory. Also ck Event Viewer System and Application logs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back