Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Job Backing up to the wrong media pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeaceAndJoy

IS-IT--Management
May 20, 2003
US
At times a job will backup to the wrong media pool. Just a few days ago, job1 started backing up to media pool1 and for on the second tape it backed up to a different media pool and then for the third tape it went back to the correct pool. I have three media pools and three jobs. I don't have either of the jobs appending. The tape it appended to must not have anything else on it. So it created a problem for me. What would cause this?

Possibly databse corruption can cause this if the tapes being used are already in a different pool. CA's support site should have a couple of documents on how to check for/repair database corruption. Be warned, the utilities are slow.

If not corruption, it is possible that there is problems with the code. I do not know the version you are running, but there used to be patches for similar problems with ARCserve 2000 that were incorporated into ARCserve 2000 SP4.

Are you using AS9 or AS2000?
AS9 has a feature called Global Scratch Set which if turned on, pools all the medias in all the scratch sets in a global scratch set. The upshot is that if you forget to add media to your scratch set, the job wont fail.
TP

The problem is with a bug in the s/w. I'm guessing you probably made a change to one of the pools recently. We have had the same problem twice. The only fix is to delete the pools and recreate them from scratch. We have to do this each time we make a change. CA is yet to admit a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back