Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

JMS queue

Status
Not open for further replies.

lpjseeth

Programmer
Mar 26, 2003
US
I would like to republish from JMS journal (and archive) based on content of the message. Only command availabe to see the content of a topic is to run following command for every message in the queue.
stcmsctrlutil -host stcdev -port 30090 -j -gtm et_queueOut <seq num>
Running a script to dump all messages into a file and search is very slow.
Is there any way to do dump of all messages or to do a search on all messages in the queue? (code samples are useful)

thanks
Jay

Jay,

we had the same problem. Not knowing which message number a specific message had. So we used a batch script to retrieve all messages from the JMS Queue. Then check the messages for the right one. The NT script uses the same command as you within a loop.

What you can try (this requires programming) is to make your own &quot;Queue search&quot; application using the e*Gate API Kit. Then you can have full control over the queues.
I have done some testing and I am able to do something but not all. So I do not have anythng available for you.
We use 4.5.3 at the moment.
Good luck.
Madere.

I'm sure this is dated, but here is how you dump the entire IQ. Did either of you have any luck with the e*Gate API? I'm currently having issues with it. Any help would be appreciated.

How to dump and reload an IQ.

**Note to use the –backup function with stcmsctrlutil you must have journaling on the iqmgr.

Dump:

stcmsctrlutil -backup <archive.zip> <"date"> -port <iqmgr port number> -host <registry host>

stcmsctrlutil -backup C:\IQBackup\GenericIqmgr.zip "04/14/2004" -port 24054 –host prw2kt12

This will create a zip file with 2 files inside it.

One *.dbs and one *.ndx file.

Viewing what you dumped:

To see a list of topics that were dumped:
C:\>stcmsctrlutil -ar C:\IQtest\backup -port 24054 -host mhanna -tl
Number Of Topic(s): 1
Topic List:
GenericInJava

To see information about the topic that you dumped:

C:\>stcmsctrlutil -ar C:\IQtest\backup -port 24054 -host mhanna -ts GenericInJa
va
Topic Name: GenericInJava
First sequence number: 0
Last sequence number: 1383
First enqueue time: 04142004:17:11:19
Last enqueue time: 04142004:17:02:36
Number of current subscribers: 0
Number of total subscribers: 0
Message count: 1384
Lowest subscriber sequence: 0
Highest subscriber sequence: 0

To Reload what you dumped:
Stcmsctrlutil –ar <location of archive> -port <port> -host <registry host> -tim <topic name> <starting sequence number> <number of messages to import>

stcmsctrlutil -ar C:\IQtest\backup -port 24054 –host mhanna -tmi GenericInJava 0 25
Importing messages
Last imported sequence number = 11
Last imported sequence number = 20
Last imported sequence number = 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back