Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

jms or web service

Status
Not open for further replies.

yanis97

Programmer
Jan 26, 2004
FR
Hi;

I would like to realize a application which receive from a system of the messages via SOAP (events).
Next it apply rules to them (events) and if same conditions are match, it send events into a mail or store events into a database.
I would like to use a web service but I do not know if its a good solution compared to the jms ?
by knowing that jms does not accept messages SOAP

Regards;

By JMS, I take it you mean Java Message Service ?
If so, then JMS and SOAP are two completely different protocols, and you could not consume SOAP messages through JMS.

--------------------------------------------------
Free Java/J2EE Database Connection Pooling Software

Hi Sedj;

Then which is the solution that you advised by knowing that my input are SOAP messages ?

Regards;

An application that speaks SOAP, such as the Apache Axis project, or many, many others out there.

Hi Sedj;

If I realize a web service, how the two services (That which sending the data write in Delphi and my application which receive these data) communicate between them (via a msg queue or another model).

Regards

Cannot SOAP messages be encode in JMS messages? A SOAP message, in the end, is just text.

Anyway, I see a lack of info. Are you programming the client or the service will just be published? I don't see a webservice like a message service.

Cheers,
Dian

Hi Dian;

The client already exists (the service will just be published).
So your conclusion is not to use the services but another solution like jms ?

Regards;

If I remember OK, a webservice is just a request/response service, doesn't allow messaging. If your requisite is a two-ways communication, maybe a webservice is not the way.

Cheers,
Dian

I think you need to explain exactly what you want to do ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back